Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Homophobic Ex-Boyfriend

My homophobic ex-boyfriend has dated women even younger than me.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend is a lesbian in a man's body.
My lesbian friend laughs when I tell her about this and says
"I like my lesbians to have actual lesbian bodies."
My homophobic ex-boyfriend feels discriminated against because he is a straight white male.

My homophobic ex-boyfriend has never hit a woman.
My homoophobic ex-boyfriend thinks for himself.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend was attracted to who I am.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend gave me permission to write shit about him on this blog, as long as I stay away from his son
And don't bother him at work

My homophobic ex-boyfriend likes King Kong and Godzilla
My homophobic ex-boyfriend likes Mothra
My homophobic ex-boyfriend likes Bjork and U2

My homophobic ex-boyfriend couldn't stand all my angst
It kept him up at night.
My homophobic is an artist and a writer.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend smokes pot and hates his mother.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend says that Norman Bates says that a man's best friend is his mother.

My homophobic ex-boyfriend is not a Republican.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend is a Pagan.

My homophobic ex-boyfriend once said, "Why do you have to be so cool? You're going to make me like you."
I realize he might mean like in more ways than one,
meaning he might fall for me
and he might become like me
and I might become like him.

The day we broke up, he kissed me and said, "Please don't hate me."

My homophobic ex-boyfriend sends me angry emails when I break up with him.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend says I'm paranoid.
My homophobic ex-boyfriend invites me over to eat trout with him and have "fun"
I'd love to, but I have plans tonight.
I'm going to a Queer poetry slam at a coffee house to read this poem.

No comments: