Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ashes of Ex-Lovers

Your red-brown skin
and red skin
wiry black hair
pale with the blood vessels making it rosy
Your hazel eyes that change color.

"Has anyone told you you have beautiful eyes,"
says Travis Bickle to his Lady.
It doesn't work out.
We are God's Lonely People.

Flaming red hair
and blue-green eyes
aviator glasses and
thick black glasses

You play the bass
You draw pictures
You write your life story.
You love your rabbit.
You love your son.
You don't believe in owning people.

You made me do things
You didn't
You let me make my own decision
And strive to respect boundaries with women.

You are a feather Indian
You are a dot Indian
You're a white heterosexual male and think people hate you because of that fact.

You don't care about the stock market because you are poor.
You are a Brahmin.

You are a vegetarian
You eat fry bread

but not in my presence
in my presence you eat fruit out of my hand
because we are in a garden of Eden metaphor outside of real life

I gave some M&Ms to a homeless guy on campus
as an undergrad because God said so.

No comments: